Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Stuffed French Toast

I've been wanting to do more on my blog than just showing cards that I've made. I decided to so a few recipes too. I make a big breakfast for the kids on Christmas. I found this recipe on Pinterest. It was delicious!


Crunchy Stuffed French Toast
Serves: 6
8 oz. cream cheese, room temperature
2 Tbsp. honey
5 eggs
1/2  cup milk
2 Tbsp. sugar, divided
2 tsp. cinnamon, divided
strawberries, hulled and sliced
12 slices bread
4 tsp. oil, divided
To make the filling mix the cream cheese with the honey and set aside.

In a shallow dish whisk the eggs and milk together, add sugar and cinnamon. Heat 1/2 teaspoon oil in a large non-stick frying pan. To assemble the French toast, spread a slice of bread with the cream cheese mixture. Top with sliced strawberries and cover with a second slice of bread. (I put cream cheese on second piece too.) Brush on the egg mixture to one side, place in pan, and brush egg mixture to the other side of bread. Fry over medium-high heat until golden brown and crunchy, gently pushing down on the edges of the bread to seal. Continue the same way with the other bread slices. Add more oil as needed, while making additional toast. Serve warm with additional strawberries. 

These could be filled with anything, peanut butter and banana....apples....chocolate chips and cream cheese. Normally I dunk my bread in the egg mixture but that seemed a bit tricky with the stuff, so I brushed it on.

Thanks for stopping by today! Hope you enjoy the change of pace.

1 comment:

  1. Looks delicious!
    Thanks for stopping by my blog for my 10th Anniversary Celebration -- I really appreciate your sweet comments and encouragement!

    ReplyDelete