Thursday, January 8, 2015

Something new!

Hi! How was your holidays? Ours were wonderful! I am happy that things are getting back to normal though. I love Christmas...but after the chaos of eating/unwrapping/clean up....I'm more than happy to take the tree down.

Today I am playing along with Simon Says Stamps Wednesday challenge. The rules: make something for either a new home, a new baby, a new job or just by using new crafty stash! 

My card (s) are dedicated to a lovely group of ladies I hang and scrap with. 10 months ago I started a weight loss plan/goal. I have dropped 62 lbs. The following card was created for my friend who has lost 93 lbs. We are all trying very hard to become 'new' better women! 
I made 4 of the same card...using different colors.
I signed up at Online Card Classes, for the Copic Markers for card markers course.
It's not live, which is a good thing...I can take my time without any pressure. Learning a lot,
and I'm not even halfway though it. I decided to update my color swatch book I keep for my color combos.
That is a lot of hair! I also found on pinterest a post about weighing your copics to determine how full they are. So, I bought a small scale and went to it.
Surprisingly enough I had about 4 that were really low...but most were full or close to it! I had to stop my mad copic coloring binge, I ran out of E00 for skin. Fear not, the refill is in the mail! ;) Thanks for stopping by...hope your having a wonderful week!

P.S. The image used is by Mo Manning, she has the best digital images...I love them and she is having a great sale through the 11th!

Products used:
Mo image called 'Hoping'; copics; 
Simon Says Stamp-Mama Elephant stamp set Super Duo; 
Simon Says Stamp-Sea Glass ink;Pretty Pink Posh sequins; 
Wink Of Stella-clear



1 comment:

  1. Hi Carol, your set of cards are awesome! GREAT idea to keep the design/color as monochromatic! Thanks so much for playing Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “Something New” Challenge!

    ReplyDelete