Wednesday, December 31, 2014

One Little Word 2015

In 2006, Ali Edwards came up with this concept and even
offers a workshop...which I admit I have never taken it.
I do play along in my own way.


Can you identify a single word that sums
up what you want for yourself in 2015?

It can be something tangible or intangible. It could be

a thought, or a feeling, or an emotion. It can be
singular or plural. The key is to find something that
has personal meaning for you. This is not your
mother's word or your spouse's word or your child's
word - this is YOUR word. One little word can
have big meaning in your life if you allow
yourself to be open to the possibilities.

Last year I picked 'self-indulgence'. I have been more

selfish this year...doing what I wanted....
saying 'No' more. Gotta say...feels pretty
dang good to put me first!

This year my word is:

pursue


per-soo" verb (used with object), pursued, pursuing.
1. to follow in order to overtake, capture, kill, etc.; chase.
2. to follow close upon; go with; attend:Bad luck pursued him.
3. to strive to gain; seek to attain or accomplish (an end, object, purpose,etc.).
4. to proceed in accordance with (a method, plan, etc.).
5. to carry on or continue (a course of action, a train of thought, aninquiry, studies, etc.).
6. to continue to annoy, afflict, or trouble.
7. to practice (an occupation, pastime, etc.)

My list:
*To pursue inner peace-let go of things that bother me, and the people who caused these things
*To pursue better health- work toward goals that make me a better person-in cooking; in fitness; in giving up old addictions.
*To pursue knowledge-trying new things; learning new things
*To pursue friendship-spend more time with friends and make those relationships stronger
*To pursue-more traveling memories with Dwen
*To pursue-and accomplish getting last year into a scrap book…I’m really behind

What word will you pick?


From my family to yours...may your upcoming year be a

healthy & prosperous one filled with love!

No comments:

Post a Comment