Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Day 1 WCC

Welcome to Day 1 of the water color class!
I gotta admit, I struggled with all three cards.
Things just didn't flow...I had paper trimmer issues.
I made many errors!! But I pushed through..
first up, JenniferRzasa...creating soft watercolor
wash background (with stencil). I used the wrong paper.
I used normal water color paper, should have tried a
smooth heavy weight paper. 
The Tombo glue and I aren't on speaking terms any
more after the issues I had with the die cut!

Next up, vibrant water color wash background
as shown to us by Laura Bassen!
(She says you have to give up control
when working with water color...
a very hard thing to do!)
This one was probably my easiest card...
I was shooting for something more masculine.

Lastly, Kristina Werner did a stamped
embossed resist + color wash...this one, was EVIL!
You wouldn't think it would be difficult...unless
you were in my studio last night! I did this twice..
neither of my attempts are worthy! but it got late 
and I just wanted to finish up...I even 
have pencil marks under the embossing...
SMH!

There you have it...first day is in the books!
Hoping tomorrow will be better! 
Thanks for stopping by!

Products Used:
SUNSHINE-
watercolor paints;
SSS diagonal stripe stencil;
SSS-hello die; Y 19 copic marker;
PTI- Hello Sunshine stamp set and
Summer Sunrise ink; 
Teresa Collins-enamel dots;
& Darcie sequins
BIRTHDAY-
Distress Inks-Mustard; Lawn; Ocean
PTI-Birthday trio dies &
Cupcake Coll. stamps set;
Hero Arts white embossing powder;
Versamark &  SSS-
Color & Sunshine stamp set
BABY-
PTI-Wrought Iron stamp set; Mat 
Stack 2 & Wonderful Words:
Baby die; Versamark;
A La Mode clear embossing powder; 
SSS- Color & Sunshine stamp set;
B 02 copic marker; 
Clear Wink of Stella &
AC Burlap bows

1 comment:

  1. I would never guess that you struggled with these - they are gorgeous!! :) Traci

    ReplyDelete