Saturday, August 24, 2013

SAF Tea staining

The technique is so cool! I don't have tea on hand...I'm a coffee drinker so I used coffee to die my fabric. It didn't darken it as much as I would have liked. I may have to buy some tea. I also want to try Betsy's kool-aid but I don't have any vinegar. I'm a mess!

Check out the team here. And give it a try!
Here is my card...inspired by Melissa's card.
I used Dots background in Harvest Gold ink, kraft felt, rustic twine, Beautiful blossoms dies; The Sweet life leaf die and Turning a new leaf die. The burlap I had was junk and I need to get some from PTI. I used my Xyron machine to help me get it adhered to the card. It was a royal pain...but all in all, I like how it turned out. I have felt drying, and will attempt Heather's card soon!

2 comments: